Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fake Paparazzi

I posed as a fake paparazzi for a T mobile event. It was really more acting than a photography, (with photo equipment). It wasn't so bad being crowded, knowing I didn't have to elbow anyone to get the shot. The word paparazzi comes from Fellini's La Dolce Vita, a news photographer named Paparazzo. Fellini knew a boy with that nickname, which means noisy buzzing mosquito.

My friend was there, an actor herself, model, singer and wonderful headshot photographer. Here is a quick shot I took of her and an experimental Lightroom variation...
Here is one more...
A great view from the opening of the little white tent, looking down the sidewalk...
I loved watching the bouncer with his big umbrella reflected in all the colored lights.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

show more! show more! i wanna see what your paparazzi skills

Laura Kay Photography said...

i like the lightroom conversion!

ya..show more pics!

=laura

Josh Hudson said...

That sounds like fun being a fake Paparazzi : D
I really like the lightroom conversion it looks classic and has a fashion style about it. Beautiful portrait!

Lisa Stein said...

Thanks for the comments. I uploaded a few more. For some reason, the color of the woman in the tent changes when I upload it...flattens right out

Jaci Clark said...

Oh fun! Your friend is gorgeous! And I love, love, love the LR conversion. Care to share that preset? :)

Cheers,
Jaci

Lisa Stein said...

The preset was one of the first few that came in the LR presets in develop, an A something. Probably antique something. I just experimented and thought that looked best. I think the original photo with preset is on other computer right now.

Thanks everybody for the positive feedback!

Sarah Hodzic said...

HA! That was super cool.
She was workin' it too!

Awesome!