Saturday, January 05, 2008

2008- looking back 5 years


I was just thinking, a lot has happened in my life in the last 5 years. Thinking about new website, and all this blogging. I have been a photographer for years, but it is only lately I have gone digital. It has been a transition from a point and shoot 2 mp camera in 2003 to finally my full website going up shortly. That is the work stuff, but the really big things that happened, was I became a parent, and an orphan. My son was born in 2003 and my 2nd parent died in 2004.
Here is the photo I made for my Dad when he was in the hospital to go on his medical notebook. It is all his grandchildren, and his wife (in the bottom right corner). My son was about 6 months old as he was held by his grandfather in the middle. I love this collage and miss my Dad.
It is fun to see my nieces and nephews so much younger.

3 comments:

Josh Hudson said...

The best gift you could have given your Dad. Moments like this makes our job and our passion so important. We get to capture moments for people that they will charish for the rest of there lives. I really like your collection of memories thank you for sharing. : )

hamchat said...

It's a wonderful collage, and I'm so glad Stan got to meet his grandpa, and you could share that with your father before he passed. What a life spin- parent, then orphan, high and low. Thank you for sharing.

Mary said...

thanks for the comments Lisa.
The textures I use are from Michelle Black @ http://alluramodern.com/michelleblack/resources.html.
I like her's because they are affordable and she has excellent samples of what you are getting on her website!